Baked Mini Cinnamon Donuts (Easy & 10 minutes to make!)
These baked mini cinnamon donuts are fluffy, moist and oh so delicious. They’re made with a special ingredient to make them extra fluffy and moist!
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Use a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment to cream together 1/2 cup sugar and the butter on medium speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down sides of bowl occasionally.
- In another bowl, combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar, salt and cinnamon; stir to blend well. Add flour mixture all at once to egg mixture; mix on low speed just until combined (dough will be crumbly).
¾ cup granulated sugar
You’ll need ½ cup of granulated sugar. Sugar is a sweetener, so it will make your doughnuts taste good and give them that addicting texture. You can also add honey or maple syrup to the recipe if you want to spice things up!
1 large egg
Eggs are a great source of protein and can be used in many different ways. For this recipe, we recommend using one large egg. It’s important to use fresh eggs because they’re easier to separate and make fluffier donuts.
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all, purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½ cup milk
- 4 tablespoons melted butter (1/2 stick)
⅔ cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly grease a mini donut pan.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy, about 2 minutes on medium speed with an electric mixer or 3 minutes by hand with a wooden spoon.
- Beat in eggs one at a time until fully combined (try not to overbeat), then stir in vanilla extract and milk until smooth (you can also use buttermilk).
- Add flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt; stir just until combined (don’t overmix).
2 cups all, purpose flour
Heat the milk and butter in a saucepan until it begins to simmer. Stir continuously with a whisk until the butter has melted, then remove from heat and let cool slightly. Add the vanilla extract and set aside until room temperature.
2 teaspoons baking powder
Baking powder is a mixture of baking soda, cornstarch and cream of tartar that helps baked goods rise. It’s important to use a fresh batch of baking powder when you’re making these donuts, as it can lose its potency over time. If you have any questions about whether or not your baking powder is still good or not, check out this article from King Arthur Flour for more information.
½ teaspoon salt
- The salt brings out the flavor in these donuts, so it’s important to use a good quality one like kosher or sea salt.
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a mini donut pan with cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, ground cinnamon and salt in a large bowl until well mixed.
- In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, egg yolks and vanilla extract until smooth; add this mixture to the dry ingredients and stir just until combined (don’t overmix).
- In yet another bowl whisk together the egg whites until soft peaks form; gently fold these into the batter until just incorporated (don’t over mix). Be careful not to over, fold or they will lose their airiness! It’s okay if some white streaks remain from folding too vigorously—this will make for a fluffier doughnut!
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground cardamom (optional)
If you can’t find cardamom, you can leave it out. Just a little more cinnamon will do the trick! Cardamom is a spice that’s sometimes used in Indian food. It tastes like cinnamon, but with a little bit of citrus.
¼ cup melted butter or coconut oil
For this recipe, you’ll need:
- 1½ cups (180g) all, purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
These mini baked donuts are made with a special ingredient to make them extra fluffy and moist!
These mini cinnamon donuts are the best baked donut recipe ever! They’re super easy to make, require no yeast, and they come out like you bought them from a bakery. The secret ingredient is buttermilk! The moistness comes from the milk and oil combination which gives it fluffiness as well as an extra, crisp outer edge.
I hope you enjoy these mini baked cinnamon donuts! They’re easy to make, they taste amazing and they are perfect for any occasion.