An Easy to Make Cajun Chicken Alfredo Recipe.
Cajun chicken Alfredo is an easy recipe that goes well with green beans or broccoli. Alfredo is a thick and creamy sauce made from Parmesan cheese, milk and butter.
It’s a classic Italian dish that has been popularized by restaurants like Olive Garden, but this version switches up the ingredients by adding cajun seasoning. Add some black olives or artichoke hearts to give it more flavor!
Cajun seasoning is a mixture of seasonings commonly used in Southern cuisine.
Cajun seasoning is a mixture of seasonings commonly used in Southern cuisine. It typically contains salt, garlic, onion, paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper and white pepper.
This dish takes less time than other cajun chicken dishes.
- This chicken alfredo is simple and easy to make, with a cooking time of around 15 minutes. You can make it in advance and then just heat it up when you’re ready to serve. Try making this dish using other meats like shrimp or pork chops for an extra-tasty meal! You can also substitute the Cajun seasoning for different types of cheese like feta or even blue cheese if you’re feeling adventurous. If broccoli isn’t your favorite vegetable, try adding some asparagus or zucchini instead—whatever your family loves! Seasoned veggies are a great way to add more flavor to the dish.
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
1/2 cup flour
4 tablespoons butter, divided
1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning (or to taste)
1 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 cups milk (whole or 2%)
Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- In a bowl, add flour and seasonings. Coat the chicken in the mixture and set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the seasoned chicken and cook until browned on both sides, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- While the chicken is cooking, add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to the pot along with 1/2 cup chicken broth.
- Stir until combined and bring to a boil.*Once boiling, reduce heat and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together milk and Cajun seasoning in a large bowl until smooth.
- Remove the chicken from pan and set aside.
- Pour milk mixture into pan with remaining broth mixture and let cook until thickened slightly (about 3 minutes). Add salt and pepper if desired. Add cooked chicken back into saucepan with sauce.
This recipe uses two different kinds of parmesan cheese.
Parmesan cheese is a hard cheese made from cow’s milk. It’s aged for several months, which gives it a sharp and nutty flavor. This recipe uses two different kinds of parmesan: grated fresh parmesan and shredded parmesan rind. Grated fresh parmesan will have a strong flavor, but you’ll only add half of it to the sauce at the end of cooking so don’t worry about that! The other half will go on top later when serving your dish as a garnish for its crisp texture.
You can find shredded parmesan rind in most grocery stores near the other cheeses or by itself in refrigerated packages labeled “Parmesan Rinds.” If you can’t find these products at your local market, simply use more freshly grated Parmesan instead (about ¼ cup).
A little customization can help this dish make it to the table faster, like adding black olives or artichoke hearts.
You can also customize this dish to make it to the table faster, such as adding black olives or artichoke hearts. Did someone say chicken sausage? Or crab meat? Or shrimp? Or shredded chicken or beef, for that matter. The possibilities are endless! This is an excellent dish for making ahead and serving at a brunch or dinner party.
It can be made the night before, refrigerated overnight and then baked the next day. If you’d like to make a vegetarian version of this dish, simply omit the chicken sausage and add some extra veggies. Try adding sliced mushrooms and bell peppers or fresh tomatoes. My kids love when I add broccoli florets, too!
Whether you like it spicy or not, this dish is sure to be a hit at your dinner table. It’s easy to make and can be customized with any number of different ingredients. So what are you waiting for? Grab some chicken breasts and get started on this delicious meal!