Cajun Stuffed Baked Potato | Make me some of these over the weekend!
This is a spicy dish that is easy to make and can be used as an appetizer, side dish or even as a main course. It is also a great way to use up leftover baked potatoes from the night before.
- 2 medium baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (about 4 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons chopped jalapeno peppers or other hot pepper of your choice
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced into rings
- 1/2 cup sour cream
What is Stuffed Baked Potato
A stuffed baked potato is a baked potato that’s been stuffed with meat and vegetables. It’s often topped with cheese, or it can be made into a casserole. A loaded baked potato includes sour cream, bacon bits and green onions on top of the mashed potatoes inside.
How to Prepare Stuffed Baked Potatoes
To prepare your stuffed baked potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). 2) Coat one side of each piece of potato liberally with olive oil so it won’t stick when cooking in an oven. 3) Stuff each piece of potato with cheese then top them off with more cheese before placing them on an ungreased baking sheet so they have room enough for expansion during cooking time 4). Bake until golden brown then serve immediately!
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, wash and slice potatoes into 1/2-inch slices (about 4 cups). Transfer to a baking sheet or roasting pan lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper and cover with plastic wrap or aluminum foil to keep them warm while you finish the dish. Cook until fork tender, about 45 minutes at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
You can use bacon or ham instead of sausage. If you’re going to make this vegetarian, feel free to substitute the meat for some chickpeas!
- Any type of cheese will work well with this recipe—I used cheddar because it’s my favorite, but Gruyère would also work fine.
- The potatoes should be large enough that they won’t break apart when cooked in the oven (but not so big that they turn into a mess). If your potatoes are small, cut them into halves first before filling them with the filling mixture through one end only; otherwise you may have difficulty getting them out once cooked. This method has worked perfectly for me every time so far!
Spicy Stuffed Baked Potato Recipe
- Wash, dry and chop your potatoes into small pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add chicken and cook until browned on all sides, about 8-10 minutes. Add Cajun seasoning to taste along with salt & pepper to taste (I add about 2 teaspoons of each).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius). Grease an 8×8 baking dish with butter or oil sprayed directly onto the pan bottom as well as sides & edges so that it will not stick when you pour in your mixture later on!
Old Bay Seasoning
Old Bay Seasoning is a blend of herbs and spices that is used in a lot of Cajun recipes. It’s great for adding flavor to seafood, especially shrimp and crab. Old Bay Seasoning can be found at most grocery stores or on Amazon.
If you’re looking for something more traditional, one option to consider is Creole seasoning–it’s similar but has more garlic than Old Bay does. If you’re experimenting with different seasonings, keep an eye out for reviews online before trying anything new (some ingredients may not be safe).
Ingredients can be grouped together by type so that you don’t have to read through long lists on recipes that don’t call for many different kinds of ingredients but do require several types for one dish (e.g., a soup).
Easy and delicious dinner in under 30 minutes
- Cook time: 30-35 minutes
- Prep time: 10-15 minutes
- Serves 4-6 people
- Easy to make, healthy and delicious! This 30 minute meal will leave you feeling full and satisfied. This Cajun Stuffed Baked Potato has an amazing spicy flavor that goes well with anything you wanted to partner! You can also add some veggies if you want too!
We hope you enjoy this spicy stuffed baked potato recipe. It’s a great way to use up leftover veggies and spices from your kitchen, with the added benefit of being full of fiber! You can also add any other ingredients that sound good: pesto sauce, canned green chiles or hot sauce if desired (just make sure they don’t overpower everything else).
Leave a Reply