These Cinnamon Roll Bites Will Make You Feel Like It’s Christmas All Year Round
With the holidays coming up, I wanted to make something decadent and delicious. These Cinnamon Roll Bites are exactly that!
What is Cinnamon Roll Bites
Cinnamon Roll Bites: What are they? Well, it’s pretty much what you think it is. It’s a small cinnamon roll (think donut hole) that has been made with a donut cutter or cookie cutter and baked until golden brown and drizzled with icing. They’re also super easy to make, so you can have them ready for your next get, together or family dinner.
You can bake them without either of these items, though! No need for fancy equipment here. Just get yourself some refrigerated crescent rolls, cut them into squares like you would if you were making cinnamon rolls in the first place (or just roll them out flat), then bake them up until they’re nice and tasty looking. After they cool, add some icing and sprinkle on some more cinnamon—and voila! You’ve got yourself some CINNAMON ROLL BITES!
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all, purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a large bowl until they are evenly combined (don’t forget that cinnamon roll bites have sugar in them too!).
- In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients until fully blended (you might need to use your hands for this part). Make sure not to over mix or you’ll end up with tough rolls!
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until there are no lumps left! If the dough is too sticky, add more flour 1 tablespoon at a time until it is no longer sticky but still soft enough to work with your hands without crumbling apart when pressed onto itself like so much dusting powder on top of freshly baked goods, these cinnamon rolls here getting ready for some fun times with their friends in our tummy region later tonight!
Cinnamon Sugar Coating
To make the cinnamon sugar coating:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar and cinnamon until combined. Set aside for later use.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine all ingredients except for vanilla extract and bring to a simmer; cook for 2 minutes until slightly thickened but not too much so that it won’t pour easily onto donuts! (If you want more glaze than what is listed below, just double this recipe). Remove from stovetop; stir in vanilla extract until thoroughly incorporated into mixture, then immediately transfer to a squeeze bottle (or reuse an old ketchup bottle) this will help prevent clumps from forming as it cools down once transferred into container(s). You can also pour glaze into bowl(s) or onto plate(s) and let set up overnight if desired before serving tomorrow morning.
- In order to keep these homemade baked mini cinnamon donuts fresh tasting long after baking time has passed I recommend storing them at room temperature instead of refrigerating like most baked goods which usually come out stale when reheated (see notes section below). However if you prefer keeping these delicious treats refrigerated before serving simply place them inside airtight containers lined with parchment paper first then fill containers second with plastic wrap pressing down firmly on top layer so edges stick without bunching up inside container again making sure there aren’t any gaps between layers where moisture could leak through causing spoilage over time (this issue only applies if using plastic wrap instead of foil pouches).
These are delicious and easy to make!
These are a great alternative to cinnamon rolls. You can use canned cinnamon rolls or make your own using this recipe. These little bites will be a hit at parties, as dessert or breakfast!
- If you’re looking for an easy way to make sure you have plenty of food for Christmas morning, this is the answer!
- You can also fill these with Nutella or even jam for a new take on the classic breakfast treat.
I hope that you enjoy these Cinnamon Roll Bites! They are so easy to make and they taste amazing. You can easily change up the filling by using different toppings or even different flavors of cake mix. I’ve tried lemon cake mix before and it was delicious! Let me know if you try a new flavor or if you have any questions about making them in the comments section below.
Leave a Reply