One Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken
Lemon Garlic Chicken is one of my favorite recipes to make on a weeknight. It’s simple, quick, and always delicious. The marinade for this chicken is very versatile and you can use it for any type of meat or fish.
What is Lemon Garlic Chicken
This is a lemon garlic chicken recipe that is simple, healthy and delicious. We’ve been making this lemon garlic chicken for years now and it’s always a hit!
The key to getting good flavor in any dish is using fresh ingredients. The tangy taste of the lemon really balances out the rich flavor of the garlic and makes it great for kids too! Chicken that has been marinated in a fantastic lemon marinade is juicy, moist, and tasty.
With rice or spaghetti, this chicken meal is simple, fast, and tasty. a supper suitable for families. Imagine marinating delicate chicken thighs in a combination of garlic, lemon juice, paprika, ground cumin, chili flakes, honey, and olive oil. The chicken would be deboned but the skin would remain on. Every mouthful is bursting with the ideal taste balance, making you desire more chicken.
1/2 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1 teaspoon salt, divided use
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper, divided use (I used black pepper)
A pinch of dried thyme leaves or 1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves (optional)
A pinch of dried oregano leaves or 1/4 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves (optional)
- Marinate the chicken in lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until cooked through (about 15 minutes).
- Serve with lemon garlic rice, broccoli or potatoes for a complete meal!
- Make sure the chicken is thoroughly marinated for at least an hour.
- Use a foil-lined baking sheet to make cleanup easier.
- Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken and see if it’s cooked all the way through.
If you’re making this recipe in the oven, bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes, then broil for 5 minutes. If you’re making this recipe on the grill, preheat the grill to medium-high heat and cook chicken for 15 minutes turning once halfway through.
Add-ins and Variations
- Add some feta cheese to the marinade.
- Add some capers to the marinade.
- Add some olives to the marinade.
- Try adding lemon zest and fresh herbs, such as parsley or oregano, to your next batch of this dish!
Lemon Garlic Chicken is best to serve with
Served with any one of these Greek dishes, this Lemon Garlic Chicken will be the highlight of your meal.
- Greek Salad
- Greek Rice
- Greek Potatoes
- Greek Pasta
- Greek Baked Beans, or any legume such as: Black beans, Pinto beans, Kidney beans and Lentils
- Oil the grates of the grill and preheat it to medium-high heat to avoid sticking.
- Grill the chicken over high heat, basting often with the marinade.
- Grill the chicken, basting every 10 minutes, with the lid covered, until the internal temperature reaches 185 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grill the lemon wedges cut side down for 3 minutes or until they are well charred.
- Take the chicken and lemons out, then serve each individual two chicken thighs.
- Bake the marinated chicken for 40 minutes, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 185 degrees Fahrenheit, on a baking sheet.
- Bake the lemons for around 5 minutes, but don’t count on getting the same gorgeous grill marks.
Great recipe for grilling or roasting the chicken
This is a great recipe for grilling or roasting the chicken. The marinade is also great with salmon. This is a great recipe for chicken, and if you’re looking for a simple marinade that will give your meat tons of flavor, this is it!
Reheating Lemon Garlic Chicken
The flavor of the lemon-garlic chicken is practically same the next day. That is, of course, providing that it is warmed properly. Make sure you don’t try to reheat this chicken in the microwave since that would be disloyal and unforgivable. Not only will the marinade be entirely ruined, but the texture and flavor will both turn rather plastic-like. Use a thermometer to monitor when they reach a safe temperature of 165°F while continuing to reheat food in the oven at 350°F.
Why not mix leftover chicken into a salad for an even easier meal? Combine leftover chicken with your preferred leafy greens and chop into tiny pieces. In less than 10 minutes, you can have a delightful summery lunch with only a touch of fresh lemon.
This Lemon Garlic Chicken recipe is easy and will make your taste buds sing. The marinade can be used with other types of meat as well, so this is a great go-to recipe!