Mini Cupcakes: These Are Actually Better Than Regular Cupcakes.
These mini cupcakes are so cute and delicious, you won’t be able to stop eating them! Made with all, natural ingredients and free of refined sugar, this is an easy recipe that anyone can do at home.
What is a Mini Cupcakes
Mini cupcakes are basically the same thing as regular cupcakes, just smaller. They’re the perfect size for taking one or two bites and then being done with it. You can make mini cupcakes in any flavor you want: chocolate, lemon, vanilla, whatever your heart desires!
Like normal, sized cakes and muffins, these bite, sized treats can be made in a variety of sizes; from an inch tall to two inches tall (also known as “petite” or “mini”). As long as they’re baked in a mini muffin tin or some other kind of small pan that produces petite desserts (like this one), then they count!
- all, purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- cinnamon (ground)
- nutmeg (ground)
- salt flakes, to taste
- unsalted butter, softened at room temperature for 15 minutes and then whipped until fluffy.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. In a large bowl beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract. On low speed mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combined. Fill liners about ⅔ full of batter then bake for 8, 10 minutes depending on size of mini cupcake pan you have chosen to use! Cool completely before frosting them using chocolate frosting or vanilla frosting depending on your personal preference! Top with sprinkles if desired!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla extract; set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; stir into wet ingredients until just combined. Using an ice cream scoop or large spoonfuls of batter per cupcake pan slot (greased with baking spray), fill liners approximately 2/3 full with batter; bake for about 20–25 minutes or until tops are golden brown and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean
Cream cheese frosting can be made in a few different ways, but here’s my favorite recipe for it:
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar (about 1 pound)
I suggest using the softened butter and cream cheese instead of creaming them together because that will melt the sugar more quickly. If you don’t have room temperature ingredients ready to go, just pop them into the microwave for 10 seconds to make them easier to combine. Once you’ve got everything mixed together well (it should be smooth), add your confectioners’ sugar gradually until it reaches your desired consistency. You can also add food coloring if desired!
Mini cupcakes are so cute and delicious
Mini cupcakes are so cute and delicious. Made with all, natural ingredients and free of refined sugar, you can eat as many as you want! This recipe is a mini version of our popular Lemon Meringue Cupcakes recipe. These lemon mini cupcakes are bursting with flavor, just like their big sisters, but they’re much smaller and easier to eat in one bite, and also less messy!
Leave a Reply