Quick and Savory Olive Oil Feta Tomato Pasta Recipe
Olive Oil Feta Tomato Pasta is one of my favorite dishes to make when tomatoes are in season. The fresh tomato sauce is full of flavor, and the feta cheese makes it extra creamy.
This pasta dish is easy to make and even easier to eat—trust me! I love serving this with a simple side salad or some crusty bread for dipping into all that olive oil goodness.
What is Olive Oil Feta Tomato Pasta
Olive oil feta tomato pasta is a Greek recipe that combines pasta and feta cheese with tomatoes and olive oil. This is a delicious pasta dish which can be prepared in under 15 minutes, making it the perfect weeknight meal. If you want to take your olive oil feta tomato pasta to the next level, sprinkle it with chopped fresh oregano leaves before serving.
Include this healthy dish in your next night out menu plans!
- Olive oil
- Feta cheese
- Pasta (shells, linguini, or penne)
- Basil leaves
- Oregano (or dried oregano)
- Garlic cloves, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- Heat a large pot of water to boiling on the stovetop. When it’s ready, add the pasta and cook according to package instructions. Drain the cooked pasta in a colander when done; reserve about 1/2 cup of the cooking water for later use in this recipe.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the pasta, and cook until al dente according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute, then add the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes more, or until they begin to break down slightly but still hold their shape (you want them on the more solid side).
- Add the cooked pasta back into your skillet with all its sauce, along with any leftover cooking water from your pasta if needed. Toss well to coat everything evenly with sauce before serving!
- Cook pasta al dente, following the instructions on the package.
- Boil the pasta in salted water for about 8 to 10 minutes until tender but firm to the bite. Drain and set aside.
- Prepare sauce while pasta is cooking, by heating oil over medium heat and sautéing garlic for 1 minute (do not brown). Add shallot and cook until softened, about 1 minute more. Stir in crushed tomatoes and tomato paste; cook 2 minutes more. Remove from heat; add basil leaves, parsley sprigs or chopped parsley if desired, salt and pepper to taste (you may need a bit more salt than usual because of all that olive oil).
- Add cooked pasta to sauce mixture along with feta cheese cubes; toss well until coated with sauce so that each piece has some feta on it before serving immediately!
- Make sure to use a large pot and a large skillet.
- Use high-heat oil, such as olive oil on your pan for this dish (the tomatoes are the main ingredient and will burn easily).
- This recipe requires a lot of chopping and prepping, so be sure to gather all your ingredients before beginning.
Olive Oil Feta Tomato Pasta is best to serve with
- Salad – A side salad of mixed greens with cucumbers, peppers and tomatoes add a nice crunch to your meal. Try dressing it with an oil-based vinaigrette or even better, make your own!
- Bread – If you’re looking for something more substantial than salad, try serving this pasta dish alongside some bread like focaccia or even garlic bread. This will give you another way to enjoy all that delicious olive oil and feta cheese in one sitting! You could also top off the meal by making bruschetta out of fresh tomatoes; just slice up some juicy red ones (or any other kind) and toss them on top of crusty Italian bread spread with garlic butter before broiling until golden brown. Either way works great here because they complement each other so well!
This pasta is delicious and simple to make.
This pasta is delicious, it’s simple to make, and it’s a good recipe for beginners. The key is to not skimp on the olive oil! Keep some water boiling in a pot while you’re cooking the penne and blanching your tomatoes. Then, add that olive oil and garlic into your tomato mixture (you want to use salted butter if you’re going with unsalted feta). Stir until combined. After draining the pasta, add it straight into the pot of tomatoes and toss with tongs until combined. This will coat every piece with flavor and look beautiful when plated!
This recipe is easy to follow, and makes a great dinner for weeknights. Olive Oil Feta Tomato Pasta is also great for entertaining or bringing as an appetizer to a party. I hope you enjoy!
Leave a Reply