Simple Steps to Make a Delicious, Crunchy, One Pan Cajun Shrimp with Sauce Recipe
One Pot Cajun Shrimp is an easy and delicious restaurant-quality meal that can be prepared in less than 30 minutes. A spicy tomato-based sauce, fresh shrimp, and onions cook together in one pot to create a flavorful dish you’ll want to make again and again!
What is One Pot
One pot meals are a great way to save time, money and cleaning. They’re also great for saving energy because you only have to use one pan in the oven or on your stovetop. This recipe will work with any type of seafood you would like to use: shrimp, crab legs or even lobster tails!
Cajun Shrimp and Sauce
If you’ve never tried shrimp before, now’s your chance. This recipe is a simple one-pan meal that can be on the table in less than 30 minutes. The Cajun spices give it that signature flavor, while the sauce adds a little heat and spice to each bite!
Shrimp is a popular seafood option because of its versatility: it works well as an appetizer or main dish; it can be cooked quickly or slowly; it pairs well with other ingredients; and most importantly, it tastes great! Shrimp are also high in protein (with about 12 grams per 3 oz serving), selenium (an important mineral for thyroid health), vitamin D (vitamin D deficiency has been linked to many health issues including osteoporosis), and vitamin B12 (a nutrient vital for red blood cell production).
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion, about 1 medium onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper, about 1 medium pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper, about 1 medium pepper
- ½ cup chopped celery (about 2 stalks)
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic (about 4 cloves)
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme.
- In a large pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the shrimp, season with salt and pepper, and cook until pink, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm while you make the sauce in the same pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add butter and garlic, then stir in flour to make a roux (a paste made from equal parts flour and fat). Cook for 2 minutes more or until golden brown; do not let it burn!
- Stir in hot sauce, onion powder and cayenne pepper then stir for 1 minute more before adding chicken stock/broth—you may need more than 1 cup depending on how much liquid was released from your shrimp when you cooked them earlier on top of the stovetop: if so add enough until desired consistency is reached without compromising flavor too much (we want lots of flavor!).
- Bring mixture up to boil then reduce heat down again so that you’re at simmering level where bubbles break surface every few seconds; simmer uncovered for 5-10 minutes until thickened slightly—stir often during this time period so nothing sticks/burns onto bottom surface which will ruin overall taste if unfortunate enough event occurs due to negligence on part cook(er).
3 Once done remove pan from heat source then allow mixture cool slightly before returning back over low flame area after adding heavy cream into pot gently stirring together well before serving alongside steamed rice or mashed potatoes topped with sliced green onions–or any additional toppings like parsley etc.
- Substitute the shrimp for chicken or fish
- Use the sauce for other dishes like gumbo
- Use the sauce for other meat dishes like chicken or fish
The number one tip to avoid a soggy, oily mess is to use a large skillet. A large skillet will allow the shrimp to cook quickly and evenly. It’s also important that you don’t crowd your pan with too many shrimp at once, because if they are touching each other, they’ll take longer to cook and get overcooked.
While it may seem like an obvious step, this is something I often forget: season with salt at the beginning of cooking or just before serving (this way it doesn’t make your shrimp rubbery).
Homemade Cajun Shrimp Recipe
The recipe is easy to follow and simple to make. It is also delicious, healthy, cheap and fun! This is a great recipe for those wanting to learn how to cook a meal at home or who enjoy cooking but don’t have much time. It’s also a great idea for anyone looking to eat healthier because it only uses one pan and has less fat than traditional fried shrimp recipes!
If you want a delicious, easy and healthy meal, this is the recipe for you. It’s also great because it only takes about 20 minutes to make! This is a great recipe if you have little time to cook and still want something filling.