Starbucks Birthday Cake Pops Recipe (Make The Most Of Your Next Birthday!)
I’m a huge fan of Starbucks Birthday Cake Pops, but I don’t have any friends who have ever ordered them. So I decided to make my own version at home instead! Make yourself feel special with this copycat recipe for Starbucks Birthday Cake Pops.
What is Starbucks Birthday Cake Pops
- Starbucks Birthday Cake Pops are a popular treat at Starbucks.
- These cake pops mimic the look of the famous dessert, but they’re not made by Starbucks. They’re actually a copycat version of the original cake pop recipe that’s been circulating in the internet for years now, and it’s easy to make at home!
- The recipe calls for chocolate cake mix and melted butter mixed together with milk until smooth. Then you add some eggs, vanilla extract (or other flavoring), salt, baking soda and flour—that’s it! You bake them up in an oven until golden brown then let them cool completely before dipping into chocolate frosting or sprinkles if desired.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature (about 72°F)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all, purpose flour (plus extra for dusting)
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and water. Mix well.
- Add 1 cup of frosting to a small saucepan on medium heat until melted, then add food coloring to taste (about 2 tsp). Stir until combined well; set aside for later use when making pops!
- Roll out the cake mix dough onto parchment paper (or non, stick baking mat) until about 1/4 inch thick—it will be about 4×5 inches or so but don’t worry if it isn’t perfect yet! This is where you want your measurements to fall between 3/8, 1/2 inch so that they fit into your pan without being too big or too small—just keep rolling out until you get there! You can also roll out two sheets at once if you have extra time before baking them , just make sure they are touching each other otherwise they may stick together during cooking time which would ruin everything!
- Cut out as many shapes as possible from each sheet before moving onto Step 5 below:
- You could also use cookie cutters if desired but mine didn’t come with them anymore after moving into my first apartment so I had no idea what size worked best beforehand; luckily Google helped me find an alternative solution using just scissors instead… although now those little guys really bug me because they’re everywhere 🙂
- You can store these Starbucks knockoff cake pops at home in the refrigerator, freezer, or even at room temperature. Make sure they are kept away from anything that will heat them up and cause the candy coating to melt when at room temperature.
You can make a copycat version of your favorite Starbucks treat at home any day of the year!
First, make sure you have all of your ingredients ready to go. You’ll need:
- Cake mix (1 box)
- Confectioner’s sugar (2 cups)
- Cream cheese frosting (8 oz)
You can make the cake pops in different sizes, shapes, and colors.
- Add sprinkles as a garnish. Sprinkles help to make your cake pop more fun and colorful.
- Try different flavors of cake, frosting and sprinkles to create your own taste buds experience!
Here are some fun sprinkles and candies that would work well:
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Bites (or any other kind)
- Mini M&Ms (or small candy canes)
That’s it! I hope you enjoyed this recipe for Starbucks Birthday Cake Pops. If you try it out, please let us know what you think in the comments. And if you have any questions about the ingredients or instructions, please leave them below as well so we can help answer them!