Baked Chicken Tenders (Sticky)
Although I’ve always adored sticky chicken, there are other reasons I adore this recipe. It is quite simple to make and is a fantastic party dish.
We always make Sticky Chicken when I’m having friends or family around for a cookout. If you want something other than traditional “sticky” chicken, it’s also very easy to make variations of this dish. You’ll adore this one just as much as we do, I’m sure!
What is Sticky Chicken
For those who adore chicken but dislike how it typically turns out, this dish is fantastic. The chicken is coated in the sticky sauce, which gives it a pleasant sweet-spicy flavor. If you’d like, you can use this recipe as a foundation for different sauces or seasonings.
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- Buttermilk, lemon juice, honey, and garlic powder should all be combined in a big basin.
- Chicken breasts should be evenly covered after being added to the buttermilk mixture (about 2 minutes). Refrigerate for one hour, or overnight if time allows, covered with plastic wrap.
- When you’re ready to grill or BBQ your chicken, take it out of the fridge and let it come to room temperature for 15 minutes. Then, grill or BBQ it on medium heat for 20 to 25 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit (73 degrees Celsius), checking frequently after 10 minutes to prevent burning. When your sticky chicken recipe is finished cooking, the top will have a fantastic, faintly caramelized crust that will make it impossible to resist!
Cayenne pepper should be adjusted as needed because the sauce is a little spicy. The sauce can be prepared ahead of time and stored for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Additionally, the chicken can be prepared in advance and warmed up only before serving.
Alternatively, fry on parchment paper over direct heat in a skillet until browned on both sides; this will take less than 10 minutes! Cook on the grill or in an oven at 350°F (175°C) for 40 minutes or until cooked through!
- Make sure the chicken is cooked through by using a meat thermometer.
- To make a snack with an extra tasty crust, bast the chicken while it is baking or coat it with sauce before grilling.
- If you don’t have access to a grill or BBQ, you can still make this meal by placing your cast iron pan directly over a stovetop burner (or both).
Sticky Chicken is best to serve to with
- Corn (or other whole grain)
- Salad (mixed greens and tomatoes)
This recipe has a terrific flavor that comes from vegetables including carrots, peas, and onions. If you enjoy them, make sure to add some beans or lentils! Another excellent choice for Sticky Chicken is noodles. The chicken can be spread over breads like focaccia and then topped with anything, including tomato sauce, pesto sauce, cheese sauce (like queso fresco), and pesto sauce.
Modifications and Add-ons
To your chicken, you can add a sauce or a side dish. If you’re feeling sophisticated, you can also include a salad, beverage, or dessert.
This sticky chicken is a delightful twist on the traditional and a perfect dish for a gathering.
Serving sticky chicken at a gathering is a terrific idea. It’s basic and straightforward, yet it still has a wonderful punch. What’s best? It may be prepared on a stovetop, grill, or BBQ!
If you’d like, you can also serve this dish as a main course with a side salad and some fresh veggies. Because it’s simple to prepare ahead of time and then reheat as needed, sticky chicken is also excellent for a party.
Leave a Reply