Delicious Cajun Chicken Hot Spread Recipe
This Cajun Chicken Hot spread is one of my favorite things to make! It’s really easy to make and tastes delicious, especially on crackers. This can be made in advance too so that you can save time when you need a quick snack for dinner or lunch.
- 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or breasts)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt (I prefer sour cream)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp onion powder (or 1 medium onion, diced) * You can also use fresh chopped garlic if you want to make this dish even more flavorful! However, keep in mind that fresh chopped garlic increases the risk of contamination so I recommend using pre-minced or even powdered. If you don’t have any on hand and are making this for dinner guests who have allergies then go ahead and throw in some extra fresh chopped onions instead which will probably taste just fine anyway since both ingredients share similar properties when cooked together.
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Place in a small serving dish that can be reheated and covered with plastic wrap for about 30 minutes (or until heated through).
- Serve with crackers as a dip or as a sandwich spread
- The spread is best served chilled.
- It will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or you can freeze it for up to 6 months.
- To reheat, microwave on high for about 30 seconds until warm and serve with crackers or toast points.
You can make this recipe in advance and store it in the fridge until ready to serve. If you want to make a bigger batch, just multiply all ingredients by 2 or 3. You can also freeze this dip for up to 1 month—just transfer it from your freezer directly into a container (like an ice cube tray) before you’re ready to use it again.
If you want to serve this as an appetizer at your next party or picnic, try serving with some tortilla chips on the side!
Add-ins and Variations
Cajun chicken hot spread is a classic recipe that can be customized to your taste. You can add in whatever spices you like, or switch up the types of peppers and onions. Feel free to use this as an inspiration for other spreads—you may want to try it with some homemade guacamole or salsa!
Cajun Chicken Hot Spread is best to Serve with
Cajun Chicken Hot Spread is best to serve with crackers, bread and vegetables.
Crackers: Cornbread or French bread can be used as a cracker to dip into the hot Cajun Chicken Hot Spread. If you are looking for something healthy and fresh, then try out celery sticks which will make your meal more appetizing!
Bread: Use pita bread as a tool to spread this delicious sauce on it while enjoying it with friends or family members at home!
Vegetables: Carrots, celery stalks, green onions (scallions), tomatoes sliced in half lengthwise are some of the best vegetable options when it comes to creating interesting dishes like this one!
This recipe will make dinner easy!
This recipe is easy to make and comes together quickly. It’s also a great way to feed a crowd, especially if you have a large family or group of friends who want something new but don’t want to spend too much time cooking. You can make this as an appetizer or serve it as the main dish of your meal. It would be delicious served with some rice or couscous on the side! The ingredients are all readily available at your local grocery store (or online), so there’s no need for special trips out of town just to find them.
We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! It’s very simple and quick to prepare, so it can be made ahead of time if you need some extra time in the kitchen. For an extra kick, try adding some sautéed onions or garlic along with your peppers and tomatoes. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply